DePuy Hip Implant Recall
If you think you are suffering from a defective DePuy hip implant, you need to see your doctor as soon as possible. It your doctor confirms that you have a DePuy ASR™ joint and your DePuy hip implant is subject to the recall, you need to talk to your doctor about your hip replacement and your specific condition.
Patients with radiographic changes indicative of product failure should be addressed according to normal procedures. All other patients should be followed [...] a small number of patients may develop progressive soft tissue reactions to metal wear debris. The debris can cause soft tissue damage which may compromise the results of the revision surgery. Early revision of poorly performing hip replacements that generate metal debris should give a better revision outcome. Therefore metal ion testing should be considered in cases where the surgeon is concerned about the hip replacement. [DePuy Hip Implant Recall announcement]
DePuy, the maker of the recalled hip implant replacement joint, is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, a multi billion dollar company. Sales of faulty DePuy ASR™ hip joints helped Johnson & Johnson in profiting over $4 billion dollars in just one quarter in 2010.
You have rights.
Hip replacement surgery is expensive and painful with many weeks of recovery and physical therapy.
If you require another hip surgery because of your failed DePuy hip joint, DePuy should be liable for any costs associated with surgery and aftercare.
DePuy should be liable and compensate your pain and suffering.
Your future medical costs.
DePuy wants to pay you the least amount for your DePuy recalled hip implant that they can get away with.
You need to make sure that all of your surgery costs, recovery costs, and lost wages are covered.
Whatever medical costs that DePuy does not cover can end up coming out of your pocket.
DePuy does not want to pay you for pain and suffering.
Due to their faulty product, you may have to undergo additional painful surgies and months of aftercare in addition to metal poisoning.
You are entitled to compensation for this pain and suffering.
Do not allow DePuy to only pay your health insurance or medicare co-pays.
It is not your healthcare provider’s fault that your hip failed and your health insurace should not be stuck with the medical bills from your recalled hip implant.
Your healthcare provider wants to be paid back any money they spend on the expensive hip replacement related procedures and they have a right to be paid back.
If you agree to have DePuy just pay your insurance deductibles and co-pays, it is possible that your insurance company could sue you for the rest.
DePuy is responsible for ALL of your hip replacement costs and needs to be held accountable.
Do not settle for Broadspire to handle your DePuy hip recall claim.
Broadspire works for DePuy, not you.
Broadspire is a company hired by DePuy to manage the hip replacement recall claims. Their goal is to save DePuy as much money as possible. They do this by paying you as little as they can.
If you all Broadspire to handle your DePuy hip recall claim, you are essentially allowing the same people who sold the defective hip joint to determine what is fair compensation for your claim?
California attorney Dean Goetz can help.
I can deal with DePuy and take care of all of the paperwork.
I can assist you in finding a doctor who is willing to do the replacement surgery.
I make sure all of your bills get paid and that you don’t get stuck with any out of pocket expenses.
DePuy hip recall cases are like all personal injury cases. The other side wants to pay you as little as they can. The only reason they pay a fair amount is the fear of a big jury verdict.
An experienced Caklifornia trial attorney can make the difference between getting what you deserve and getting nothing. I have tried over 125 jury trials and I am not afraid to take your case to trial if that is what it takes to get you fair compensation for your DePuy hip recall case.
It will not cost you any money up front to purse your DePuy hip recall case.
I forward all the costs associated with pursuing your case and it does not cost you a penny until we recover from DePuy.
If you received a DePuy hip implant and you are having hip related problems, you should call California Attorney Dean Goetz today. CALL 858-481-8844.
You can speak directly with Attorney Dean Goetz and get answers without any obligation.
Do not contact DePuy Orthopaedics or Johnson & Johnson without first talking to an attorney. It's important that you know what your options are.
You will be able to talk to attorney Dean Goetz directly. You will not be talking to a Paralegal about your case.
Articles published during the first Depuy trial on emerging information:
- Maker Aware of 40% Failure in Hip Implant
New York Times January 22, 2013
- J&J Failed to Warn of Hip Implant's Risks, Jurors Told
Bloomberg News January 25, 2013
- Trial underway in hip implant lawsuit
Los Angeles Times January 25, 2013
- News from Kransky v. DePuy Richmond, VA Legal Examiner January 29, 2013
- J&J Had 'Inappropriate' Risk Controls for Hip, Jury Told Bloomberg News January 31, 2013
- J&J Failed to Weigh Hip Metal Debris Risk, Witness Says Bloomberg News February 1, 2013
- J&J Recalled Hips Over Safety Concerns, Witness Testifies Bloomberg News February 4, 2013
- J&J Jury Told Hip Has Many Design Defects Causing Failure Bloomberg News February 6, 2013
- J&J Sales Rep Told Surgeon of Hip Problems, Jury Told Bloomberg News February 7, 2013
- What a Company Knew About Its Metal Hips New York Times February 10, 2013
- J&J Feared Metal Backlash Would Hurt Hip Sales, Jury Told Bloomberg News February 13, 2013
- J&J Hip Recipient Says He Feared Surgery Would Kill Him Bloomberg News February 19, 2013
Articles about Depuy recall leading up to trial:
- FDA Examines Metal Hip Devices
- Congress Wading Into Faulty Hip Implant Issue
- Defective and dangerous medical device products. rushed to market with, "Gaps in FDA's postmarket surveillance show that unsafe and ineffective devices may continue to be used, despite being recalled."
- New York Times Remedy Is Elusive as Metallic Hips Fail at a Fast Rate
- Medical News Today Hip Replacement Recall By Depuy Orthopaedics Is Big News
- Independent UK Thousands of patients left in agony by faulty hip replacements. Nearly 8,000 people may have to undergo further surgery as an implant is recalled – three years after warnings about its defects.
- 24-7 News Lawsuits involving the recalled Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR hip implant could be consolidated in a multidistrict litigation.
Metal on Metal Hip Device Recall - Depuy
Dean A. Goetz and the Gomez Law Firm were the attorneys for Mr. Loren Kranksy, the Plaintiff in the first Depuy trial in the USA. 3/6/13 at 9:38 a.m. PST A jury found Depuy liable to Mr. Loren Bill Kransky today in a Los Angeles Superior Court. FIRST verdict in the USA against Depuy for $8,328,000. We Are The Kransky Lawyers
Kranksy vs. Depuy and Johnson and Johnson, Los Angeles County Superior Court Case #BC456086
The Walking Wounded - Dean Goetz interviewed ABC Investigative Report - watch the whole investigative story on Depuy, aired 5/26/14, "Reporter Quentin McDermott reveals how a healthcare giant deceived doctors and patients using its ASR hip replacement implant." Australian class action cases go to trial in 2015.