KNEE REPLACEMENT LAWSUITS
Knee replacements are one of the most common surgeries done in the United States. If you've experienced complications arising out of your knee replacement, our experienced knee replacement lawyers are standing by to discuss your legal options with a free telephone consultation.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") released an article in August 2015 that included key statistics about total knee replacements in the United States. The study included patients aged 45 and over from 2000 to 2010, and some of the statistics are quite remarkable:
- In 2010, total knee replacement was the most frequently performed inpatient procedure on adults aged 45 and over
- From 2000 to 2010, an estimated 5.2 million total knee replacements were performed. Adults aged 45 and over made up 98.1% of those surgeries.
- For men, there was an 86% increase in the rate of total knee replacements from 2000 to 2010. For women, the rate almost doubled (a 99% increase) over the same time frame.
HOW KNEE REPLACEMENT ATTORNEY DEAN GOETZ CAN HELP
While knee replacements are becoming far more common with relatively successful outcomes, there are cases where a company may have manufactured a defective implant. In those cases, it is important for you to speak to a knee replacement lawyer that can ensure your rights are protected.
For example, our knee replacement lawyers can assist you in:.
- Determining whether there are other lawsuits or investigations concerning the particular knee implant you received
- Determining your respective state's statute of limitations – the time frame within which you need to file a lawsuit or forever waiving your right and ability to do so
- Preserving the defective knee implant as evidence if you undergo a revision surgery to remove/replace the device
- Filing a lawsuit against the company that manufactured the defective knee implant
MANUFACTURERS THAT HAVE BEEN SUED FOR THEIR KNEE IMPLANTS
Currently, there are numerous lawsuits pending against several medical device manufacturers where plaintiffs have alleged a defect. The companies include:
- Zimmer (Persona, NexGen)
- DePuy Synthes (Attune)
- Smith & Nephew
- Biomet (Vanguard)
People in these lawsuits experienced a range of complications including:
- Popping, crunching or clicking sounds
- Loosening of the device
- Joint Damage
COMPENSATION A KNEE REPLACEMENT LAWYER MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOU
Our experienced knee replacement lawyers can help evaluate your case. They will take you, step by step, through figuring out the type of device you have and whether there are any issues known to our firm concerning that device. If you've already had a revision surgery completed, our knee replacement lawyers will help obtain all of the relevant medical records and determine whether you have a qualifying case that can be litigated. If so, you could receive compensation for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses for the surgical procedures and any associated medical expenses..
Should you have any questions, our team of staff and attorneys are ready to speak to you to discuss and advise you of your options. The consultation costs you nothing, and our representation is done on a contingency fee basis which means you do not pay anything unless we are able to recover compensation on your case.