In California, motorcycle accident deaths were 17% of all road fatalities even though only 3% of registered vehicle owners rode motorcycles. At The Goetz Law Firm, we understand the negligence and recklessness of many drivers who do not pay attention to motorcycles on the road.
Motorcycle vs. Car Injury Case
Motorcyclist Hit On Coast Highway
Policy Limit Settlement
Motorcycle vs. Car
Dean's client was a paraplegic due to a motorcycle accident that had occurred several years before.
$8.3 Million Jury Verdict
Kransky vs. Depuy
Many More Policy Limits Settlements and Verdicts on Behalf of Clients
Get Answers to your Questions.
It depends on the nature of your case. Larger personal injury claims usually take longer to settle than smaller claims. Generally, it will take 6 months to 2 years to resolve a claim.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident which was not your fault, you probably have a personal injury claim. You will have to prove that the other person was negligent (at fault) and that you were injured in the motorcycle accident.
If we know the full extent and permanency of your injuries we can give you an estimate of the likely settlement value of your claim. Until this is known, only a very broad range estimate of case value can be made. There is no legal book or standard formula or rule of thumb to determine the value of a personal injury claim. Financial considerations can include lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disability, loss of consortium, and property damage. Economic factors like age, current level of employment, and education will also be taken into account when determining how much compensation to award. Punitive damages may also be awarded. To give you an idea of the level of compensation you might receive, we will need to discuss your case further.
Even if you were not wearing a helmet, if someone else caused the accident, you may bring an action for your injuries. However, not wearing a helmet may make a difference in the amount of damages you receive, if you suffered a head injury. Dean Goetz can discuss this fully with you.
Lack of insurance on your motorcycle does not prevent you from filing a claim against the other driver but it will limit your damages.
You need an attorney to make sure:
- You are not being taken advantage of by the insurance adjustors;
- You maximize your recovery;
- You have someone on your side because the insurance company has many lawyers and adjustors who are working hard to reduce the insurance companies financial exposure;
- You don't make statements that will hurt your case while you are talking to the adjustor;
- You are being treated by competent doctors and medical care providers who will be able to prepare a report properly explaining the full extent of your injury;
- Your motorcycle accident scene is preserved in good photos;
- The motorcycle accident is properly and completely investigated and reconstructed by trained experts;
Dean Goetz is a top California trial lawyer.
Nominated (PDF press release) for Consumer Attorneys of California Attorney of the Year 2017 with full legal team for our work in Kransky vs. Depuy, and Mr. Kransky's long road to justice.