USA Bicycle Legal Resources
- Bike riders under 18 years old must wear a bicycle helmet in California
- Here is the USA bicycle helmet law info by region.
- Bicycle crash information and fatality stats.
Topics on Pedestrian and Bicycles including road improvements
- I really like this link. It tells you how to avoid getting hit by a car when riding a bicycle. Great information. Every bike rider should read it.....might save a life.
- How to stay safe riding a bicycle ... fight and to win safer bicycle roads for everyone; bicycle safety: dangerous roads and difficult crossings, etc. http://bicyclesafe.com/lawsuits.html
- Statistics: Bicycle Safety, Bicycle Fatalities and Bicycle Injuries http://bicycleuniverse.info/transpo/almanac-safety.html
- San Diego County Bicycle Coalition Non profit organization dedicated to making bicycling better in San Diego area. Site has great resources like local laws relating to bicycling, road repair and maintenance contacts to help cyclists improve their road safety, and San Diego bike routes, group fun rides, events, plus more.
- Bicycle Law in California
- City of San Diego
Bicycle Master Plan
- California DMV Bicycle Safety Bicycle Rules and Safety "Bicycles riders (cyclists) on public streets have the same rights and responsibilities as automobile drivers and are subject to the same rules and regulations as any other vehicle on the road."
- California DMV Bicycle Laws Article 4 of Chapter 1 of Division 11 of the California Vehicle Code:
Section 21200 Laws Applicable to Bicycle Use;
21200.5 Riding Bicycle Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs;
21201 Equipment Requirements;
21201.3 Bicycle or Motorized Bicycle Lights;
21201.5 Reflectorized Equipment;
21202 Operation on Roadway;
21203 Hitching Rides;
21204 Riding on Bicycles;
21205 Carrying Articles;
21206 Local Regulation;
21207 Bicycle Regulation;
21207.5 Motorized Bicycles: Prohibited Operation;
21208 Permitted Movements from Bicycle Lanes;
21209 Motor Vehicles and Motorized Bicycles in Bicycle Lanes;
21210 Bicycle Parking;
21211 Obstruction of Bikeways or Bicycle Paths or Trails;
21212 Youth Bicycle Helmets: Minors;
- Stolen Bicycle Registry For San Diego Fight bicycle theft in San Diego. A great community to help you try to recover your bike in the event it gets stolen; you can also be a part of helping others to recover their stolen wheels.
- Bicycles and Pedestrian San Diego resources
- Bike Law 101
Bike Safety In General:
- San Diego Bike Rides and Bike Groups
- Create A Safe Bike Routes To School Program For Your Area
- Form bike trains for bike to school
- Form work group rides and try to do "bike to work month."
- Look for bike maps to help you find the best bicycle route possible - you might be lucky and find some bike paths with no cars
San Diego Bicycle Community Forums & Blogs
Community Bicycle Forum and Reviews for all types of Bikes. Road, mountain, BMX, recumbent and more.
- Sunny Rides - Cycling in San Diego
Great resources for San Diego bicycling. Suggested rides to do with young kids, skill building bicycle exercises, community rides, and links to more San Diego community cycling sites.
Sponsors of an elite cycling team. Great source for news, bicycle shop openings, and other bicycle events.
- San Diego Mountain Bike Association
Guide to group rides, trail maintenance, events, and their guide to San Diego area mountain bike rides and descriptions.
- Trail Riders - Southern California Mountain Biking Community
Offer all kinds of communtiy resources, forums, rides, events, and even classifieds
- BMX Society
Interviews, video, BMX news, Buy, Sell, Trade; Forums, Chat
- Bicycling The Roads And Trails of San Diego
Group rides - learn some great routes and have fun. Forums, news, training tips, gear, etc.
- The Mappy Thing
Find rides, find clubs for group San Diego bicycle rides, find where to rent a bike, bike shops and more.
- San Diego Bicycle Commuter
Bicycle advocacy, get help finding a bicycle route from a community of fellow bicycle riders, womens' monthly bicycle ride, and more.
- No BS Bike Buying Guide - 6 Simple Steps to Choose a Right Bike for You
San Diego Bicycle Rides
/ Pacific Coast Highway Bicycle Rides
- Where to ride in San Diego..."a biker's paradise"
- City of San Diego Public Bicycle Resources
- San Diego Bike Maps
- San Diego Regional Commute Services
Bike maps for San Diego County in PDF form. You can also request a printed bike map. Information on bicycle lockers and more resources.
- San Diego Bike Trails
- Find Your San Diego Bike Route at Map My Ride
- Bike Ride Map and Info: La Jolla to San Clemente
97 mile Highway 101 Pacific Coast ride through Solana Beach, Oceanside, Encinitas, Carlsbad.
- Bike Ride Map and Info: Palomar Mountain
Not far from the coastal cities in the San Diego area of Escondido, Oceanside, San Marcos, Vista, Solana Beach and Encinitas. Palomar Mountain is almost a full 28 mile bike ride. The bike ride loop is right the nearby beautiful Palomar California State Park.
- Santa Barbara to Imperial Beach 250 miles
This breaks down San Luis Obpispo to Santa Barbara, on down to Malibu in more detail
- San Diego Bayshore Bikeway - 24 miles
- LA To San Diego - from CiclaValley - in 2 parts, for a fun bikepacking adventure
part 1 heading South
part 2 exploring San Diego
- San Diego Bicycle Racing Velodrome
One of only twenty velodromes in the United States.
- San Diego Mountain Biking Association
Mountain biking resources for all of San Diego County. They have a very informative San Diego mountain bike trail map and guide about the difficulty level of the specific rides.
- Southern California Mountain Bike
Lots of bike resources, trails, shops, clubs and more resources for all of Southern California
- San Diego County Bicycle Paradise
Bicycle resources, shops, clubs, rides, and more
- Great Western Bicycle Rally
Paso Robles, California. 45 year old bike ride event. Great coastal riding.
- San Diego Velodrome
Go watch a night at the track or sign up to take velodrome bicycle classes. Velodrome bicycle racing is a popular sport. A friend who rides velodrome exclusively says that it takes much less time to train for him in velodrome verses road racing. Plus, it's a fun environment.
- 8 Amazing Bike Rides In Los Angeles
My law office in Solana Beach sits on Hwy. 101 and boasts the most biked stretch of road in the USA.
There's many dedicated bike paths in Southern California and San Diego, and a range of bicycle facilities such that you can pick and choose and find a route to get you where you want to go, and a route that you feel is safe for you. Our bicycle facilities are constantly improving, but the area has long been a favorite among bike riders.
Mission Beach - Pacific Beach
One of the great things about Mission Beach - Pacific Beach is that it is a dedicated non-motorized bike and pedestrian trail.
You can take in both of these if you want to get in miles and enjoy the beach scenery.
Spectacular views and it's plenty of miles for the average person or family just wanting to get outside and get some exercise and fun in.
Bicycle Attorney Referrals
I network with USA bicycle attorneys all over the USA.
- Portland, Oregon Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Washington Bike Law Bob Anderton
- Utah Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Boise, Idaho Bicycle Accident Attorney
These are all experienced bicycle accident attorneys and advocates of bicyclists with demonstrated trial and insurance settlement results, even in situations where before trial, the insurance offered the injured cyclist nothing.
Please contact my colleague Mike Colbach, Portland, Oregon bicycle accident attorney if you are looking for an attorney in any other state not listed here. Mike may be able to refer you to an experienced bicycle attorney at no cost to you. Mike is committed to seeing that bicyclists get the best legal representation possible.
Retain a San Diego personal injury attorney who specializes in bicycle accident cases and who will fight for your legal rights.